Friday, March 25, 2011

Week 12: Oil and Water

IMG_5678
As you know, oil and water don't mix, so I can take cool pictures of it. This is not my own idea...I did find it on Flikr and YouTube but I've been dying to try it. I made up my own little setup at home, as I don't have much fancy equipment at my disposal, but it worked. Here's the setup:
IMG_5703
Basically it's a Pyrex dish with a little water and oil in it put on top of 2 paper towel rolls. I lit it from underneath with my nifty college desk lamp. You see Owen's Halloween book underneath? That's what is producing all the nice colors you see in the drops. Voila! Here's more...
IMG_5702
IMG_5699
IMG_5694
IMG_5688
IMG_5684

1 comment:

  1. these are so fun! it's amazing what you can do with a couple of simple, everyday items.
    t

    ReplyDelete