Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 20: Buzzy Bee

Buzzy Bee
It has been raining nonstop here this week. There was a little break this morning so Owen and I went outside for some play time. I took my camera out with the intention of shooting the cherry blossoms, but when I opened the garage to get Owen's bubbles I spotted this guy.
Now I don't think you guys realize how close I have to get to my subject with the extension tubes. It was scary. I had to quickly get the right settings, get close, hold Owen at bay, and get this focused manually. I got 2 shots and the bee flew away. Luckily I nailed one of them.
I know not everyone loves bugs...so here's some more flowers too from this week. Most were shot indoors because of the rain.
Iris

Gerber Daisy

Cherry Blossoms
above mentioned cherry blossoms.
Rain, rain, go away!

2 comments:

  1. Great shots! I love the bee capture, it is so crisp and sharp that it kind of makes me shiver! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that bee shot is crazy! so awesome and scary to think about how you got it. great job!

    ReplyDelete